English Setter Rescue header
born in ohio
welcome

Adoption Name: Avery

Click on a photo for larger view

english setter for adoption
english setter for adoption
english setter for adoption
english setter for adoption
  • Breed: Treeing Walker Coonhound
  • Age: Adult
  • Sex: Female
  • Size: Large
  • Updated: 01/24/18

 

Description and Additional Information:

My name is Avery. I am 2 years old and my foster mom tells me that I am a beautiful Treeing Walker Coonhound. Please don’t think about taking me hunting though, because I’ve tried many times and failed. That’s okay, because from what I understand, I’m a wonderful family pet. I have learned how to live indoors and the dogs at my foster home are showing me the way. I love to spend time with them and really appreciate them. We run, play, and dog wrestle in our fenced yard and have so much fun together. There is a cat at my foster home that reminds me of going hunting, so I am NOT cat friendly – no cats please at my new forever home. I am with older teenagers now and we love spending time together, I have not been kid tested around small children. I’m strong and might accidentally knock small children down or even scare them with my baying. I have done a very nice job learning when it’s okay to make my coonhound sounds and when it isn’t – treats are my friends and I learn quickly when they are involved. I am also a very good eater. When I got to my foster home you could see my ribs and hip bones. My foster mom feeds me good food twice a day and I have done a great job gaining weight - I am currently 57 pounds. Matter of fact I am so happy when I’m eating I wag my tail until all the food is gone. My foster mom says I am 90% crate and house trained. I am working hard on the other 10% and should be all set very soon. I am good on a leash and I love going for a walk every day all around the neighborhood to check things out. If you really want to make me happy, gently rub the top of my ears and then my back, or let me snuggle with you on the couch. Kind words, gentle hands, and love help me learn best - if you give me these I will give you my heart forever. I can’t wait to meet my forever family. Love, Avery xoxo If you are interested in adopting Avery or another OESR dog, you must complete the application process at www.oesr.org. We will not be able to answer your questions about this dog until you have completed the application process and are approved to adopt. All adoptive homes must have a fenced yard or other type of containment or boundaries for the dog. Vet and personal reference checks as well as a home visit will be conducted prior to final adoption approval for all OESR dogs. Adoption fees range from 250.00 to 395.00

  • Spayed / Neutered
  • Has Current Shots
  • House Trained
  • Not Good With Cats
adopt now

 

View Avery's Petfinder Profile to view additional information

 

Videos of Avery in action (if available):

No Videos are available

Apply Now to Adopt Avery!

 

back to all available dogs

setter success story
areas served by oesr rescue
looking to adopt an english setter